Pencil Painting Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pencil Painting Network

For all artists who love to paint with all kind of pencils like colored pencils, watercolor pencils, graphite, pastel pencils and so on.

3 posters

Lily on Suede board

Iris
    Iris

Lily on Suede board Empty Lily on Suede board

Post  Iris Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This one I did as a step by step from Lee Hammond's book. I tried out Suede board, which has a velvet surface. The color is called "mocassin". It is bit strange and I had to get used to this surface. You cannot put on as many layers as for example on Stonehenge. It is really s. th. special.
    Gerri
    Gerri

Lily on Suede board Empty Re: Lily on Suede board

Post  Gerri Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:13 am

The blending looks nice on this Iris, is it easier to blend the colors together on the suede board? I also have a couple of books by Lee Hammond, and I've seen where she likes to work on that surface. It seems to me that you possibly can't get as sharp an edge on that board.
    Iris
    Iris

Post  Iris Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:25 am

it is really a bit difficult to paint on Suede board. Blending is also a bit different because you cannot put on so many layers what makes it a bit difficult getting a smoother background. It is an interesting surface but I would not recommand it for example for beginners. You must be careful with a point that is too sharp as you can damage the surface. I want to try another one in the future.
    AngelaSchingeck
    AngelaSchingeck

Post  AngelaSchingeck Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Love it! This is my favorite type of flower!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:14 pm